"School council" means all kinds of school-based groups run by students.
The objective of an effective School Council is to:
• enjoy and feel empowered by their education
• feel that their school responds to their needs and views
• have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them
• have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place
• develop life skills through participation
What do we do?
We meet twice a month to discuss important topics with Miss Allen. We start
by discussing any issues that have been reported to the school council and decide which issues are most important to us.
We have to listen to each others ideas and consider the best approach to solving the issue. It is important to work together as a team in order to be an effective school councillor.
Another very exciting responsibility is to organise fundraising events throughout the year. This year we will organise events for Sports Relief (March 2020) and Children In Need (November 2019)
What do we have planned this year? 2019/2020
Watch this space to meet your new School Councillors!