Different members of staff have received training related to SEND. This has included learning interventions such as:
- Learning support interventions (LSP)
- Reading Rescue
- NHS Speech Language Therapist visits termly to assess and plan support for targeted pupils. These programmes are then delivered by a trained Teaching Assistant.
Further training has been undertaken for staff for other areas of SEND such as:
- Physiotherapy sessions (bespoke and in line with physiotherapist support)
- Team teach training (positive handling)
The school has regular visits from SEND specialist teachers and the Social, Emotional Mental Health Team who provide advice to staff support the success and progress of individual pupils.
- Training for support children on the autism spectrum is offered from the Autism Communication Team.